Fortescue Metals Group (Fortescue) has been awarded the esteemed ‘Metals Company of the Year’ for all-round excellence at the S&P Global Platts, Global Metals Awards, as well as ‘Industry Leadership Award - Raw Materials and Mining’.
Accepting the awards at a ceremony in London, Chief Executive Officer Nev Power said, “It is an honour to accept these prestigious Awards which recognise the hard work and determination of everyone at Fortescue.”
“Our team has delivered outstanding results across all of our operations, including improved safety performance, consistent production, sustained productivity and efficiency gains and disciplined capital management.”
“I am extremely proud of what Fortescue has achieved and of our commitment to ensuring the development and growth of our business benefits our local communities through training, employment and business development opportunities.”
“I would like to thank each and everyone one of our great Fortescue family for their passion, innovative ideas and dedication to our vision of being the world’s safest, lowest cost, most profitable iron ore producer,” Mr Power said.
Source: Fortescue Metal Group
- First look at HS2’s Euston Tunnel Portal Site as Demolitions completed
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Arthur Coal Contract
- Petropavlovsk PLC appoints Independent Non-Executive Directors
- Rail Infrastructure Alliance awarded Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Thyssenkrupp awarded Contract for continuous Mining System in Thailand