The National Authority for Tunnels represented via the Arab Contractors has awarded Fugro a geophysical and geotechnical investigation contract for the second phase of the Cairo Monorail megaproject. The megaproject involves the construction of two monorail lines that will create the first public transport links from both Egypt’s as-yet unnamed new administrative capital (NAC) and 6th of October City to the Greater Cairo area.
Drawing on their unique expertise and capabilities in land site investigation in Egypt, Fugro plans to deploy up to 15 geotechnical drilling rigs along the 43 km line that will connect 6th of October City to Giza via 12 new stations, demonstrating the size of the scope of work required. The advanced testing on the soil samples will take place in Fugro’s IAS-accredited laboratory in Cairo.
The Cairo Monorail contract is Fugro’s second large-scale urban project in Egypt and solidifies Fugro’s commitment to strengthening its Egyptian capabilities. “We are constantly striving to improve our service offering and deliver a comprehensive range of site investigation services that allow our clients to forge ahead with the design and construction of their strategic projects,“ said Mohamed Mostafa, Business Line Director for Land Site Characterisation at Fugro.
- Bauer Maschinen Group at Bauma in Shanghai: The latest specialist Foundation Engineering Technology for the Asian Market
- Fugro partners on ‘4S’ global Satellite Observation Seafloor mapping Innovation
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary
- Fugro’s innovative Technologies monitor Amsterdam’s Bridges and Quay Walls
- Fugro to provide first topographic Lidar Base Map for Island Nation of Palau