Cutting edge site investigation for nearshore development is the focus of Fugro’s one-day seminar, ‘Geo-Intelligence for Coastal Infrastructure’, taking place in Wallingford (UK) on November 15th.
A team of Fugro experts will discuss current approaches to data acquisition and interpretation to meet the complex challenges of energy, transport and other developments at coastal, port and river sites.
Delegates will be updated on the benefits of an integrated approach to environmental, geotechnical and geophysical surveys to build a comprehensive and cost-effective understanding of conditions above and below the surface. Speakers will also explain the benefits of data sharing via dynamic online platforms, facilitating slicker decision-making on design and construction for marine and river development.
With reference to recent projects, Fugro will highlight the value of early partnering for innovative site assessment and ensuing benefits to risk management, including improved safety, cost and programme performance.
Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions. Fugro acquires and analyses data on topography and the subsurface, soil composition, meteorological and environmental conditions, and provides related advice. With its geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions Fugro supports the safe, efficient and sustainable development and operation of buildings, industrial facilities and infrastructure and the exploration and development of natural resources.
Fugro works around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets offshore and onshore, employing approximately 10,000 people in 65 countries. In 2017, revenue amounted to EUR 1.5 billion. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Rail Museum turns Spotlight on Role of Fugro’s geotechnical Expertise in HS2
- Van Oord and BAM International complete state-of-the-art Container Terminal in Costa Rica
- Fugro to apply specialist Geodata Services in a Return to Hollandse Kust (west) Wind Farm Development
- Salini Impregilo and Fincantieri ready to start Bridge Construction in Genoa in Italy 10 Days early
- Vale begins Construction of Bridge that will restore Traffic between Communities and Downtown Brumadinho