Fugro has opened a state-of-the-art testing laboratory on the construction site of Hong Kong International Airport’s Three-Runway System (3RS).
This megaproject to build a third runway is set to play a big part in growing Hong Kong’s economy and is expected to contribute around 5 % of gross domestic product by 2030. Fugro’s new onsite testing facility is enabling their experts to mobilise more quickly and reduce reporting times on this vital infrastructure project, which in turn is helping contractors work productively and efficiently to keep the project on schedule.
Fugro’s new laboratory is staffed by a dedicated team of engineers and technicians, who are using cutting-edge technology and equipment to test and report on materials within the time frames specified by the Hong Kong Airport Authority, which has licensed the testing facility. Importantly, Fugro is now performing critical onsite analysis without generating the carbon emissions associated with transporting samples to offsite testing laboratories.
Joe Poon, Fugro’s Service Line Director for Testing in North-East Asia, said: "We had an onsite testing laboratory at Chek Lap Kok while Hong Kong’s International Airport was being built and we are delighted to again be supporting runway construction by providing high-quality materials testing for 3RS. The reports produced by our expert team are helping to keep the project on track, and improve safety and environmental sustainability. Our new testing facility also expands our regional capabilities, allowing us to unlock insights from Geo-data for even more of our valued Asia-Pacific clients.”
- Fugro secures Cable Route Survey Contract for Denmark’s Energy Islands Development supporting the Transition to renewable Energy
- Subway Line Crossing U2xU5: Bauer installs the deepest bored Piles in Vienna
- JLT Mobile Computers completes Acquisition of French Sales Partner ID Work that becomes JLT France
- German Entrepreneur and Founder of H. Paus Maschinenfabrik GmbH, Hermann Paus passed away on 27.12.2021
- Hurricanes, cold Waves, Tornadoes: Weather Disasters in USA dominate natural Disaster Losses in 2021