Fugro has secured an initial 3-year contract with Well-Safe Solutions, a UK-based offshore well decommissioning service provider.
Fugro will deliver their integrated marine-based solution onboard the Well-Safe Guardian, Well-Safe Solutions’ bespoke semi-submersible unit for executing subsea well decommissioning work.
The contract award gives Fugro responsibility for supplying and supporting remotely operated vehicle (ROV) services, rig positioning and remote operations. Expert support will come from Fugro’s remote operations centre in Aberdeen, Scotland: remote access via the onshore team will reduce the number of Fugro personnel required onboard the Well-Safe Guardian asset to improve efficiency and maximise safety.
Kevin Chambers, Fugro’s ROV Service Line Director, said: “I am delighted to announce this contract award with Well-Safe Solutions. Our teams’ skills and experience in plug and abandonment and the decommissioning of offshore wells perfectly complement the expertise of Well-Safe Solutions. We will also add value through our extensive knowledge of marine asset integrity.”
Phil Milton, Well-Safe Solutions’ Chief Executive Officer, said: “Following an extensive tender process, we are pleased to award this contract to Fugro for ROV, rig positioning and remote operations. The capabilities of their offering will enable Well-Safe Solutions to maximise overall operational efficiency and delivery for our clients at a cost-effective rate, while maintaining close commercial alignment.”
- Flatiron awarded Rehabilitation and Lane Replacements Project in Los Angeles
- Costain to take important Role in Shaping UK Industry’s Journey to net Zero by 2050
- BAUER AG starts off the Financial Year with a slight Drop in Sales and increased Order Backlog
- Strabag lands Infrastructure Project in Hungary
- Afry awarded Detailed Design Consultancy Services Contract for a 1200 MW Pumped Storage Project in India