Fugro is providing Qatargas Operating Company Limited (Qatargas) with underwater inspection, geotechnical and geophysical services for its offshore operations in Qatar under a new 5-year call off contract.
Utilising its purpose-built survey vessel Fugro Proteus, Fugro will undertake geophysical and environmental services and ROV (remotely operated vehicle) inspection of Qatargas’ subsea assets. The geotechnical soil investigation studies will be carried out from dedicated vessel Fugro Adventurer.
Established in 1984, Qatargas operates 14 LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) trains at offshore fields located approximately 80 kilometres northeast of Qatar's mainland. Total annual production capacity is 77 million tonnes.
Mike Dravitzki, Fugro’s Regional Director, explained how, after 45 years of operations in the Middle East, the company is expanding further to support Qatar’s development plans. “We have new workshop facilities in Qatar where we have permanent storage for our geophysical, ROV and diving supplies as well as a full range of positioning equipment, for rapid deployment. In the prominent district of West Bay, Doha, our new offices house dedicated project management and other support services, which will be boosted soon by data processing services. These additional facilities in Qatar enhance our established, integrated service offerings for marine site characterisation and asset integrity.”
- Balfour Beatty’s innovative Approach to Sustainability saves Millions of plastic Bags from Landfill
- Semafo: Pit Wall Failure at Mana in Wona Pit in Burkina Faso
- Bechtel-Enka completed Kosovo Motorway as The Centerpiece of Regional Economic Growth
- Fugro’s fibre-optic Monitoring and Gaia Insight Online Platform safeguard Dutch Marl Quarries for next 10 Years
- Kent von Maubeuge honored with Top Annual Award from ASTM International Geosynthetics Committee