Fugro has been awarded a 5-year contract by the City of Dallas Department of Aviation to provide quality assurance testing services for all upcoming construction projects at Dallas Love Field Airport, Dallas Executive Airport, and Dallas Vertiport.
With 40 years of regional experience, Fugro’s materials engineering and testing capabilities will help the city build its aviation projects in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Work on the contract will begin early next year with two extensive runway rehabilitations at Dallas Love Field Airport. For these projects, Fugro will perform construction materials testing to ensure compliance with engineering specifications. Activities will be coordinated using a web-based digital data management system, available to all members of the project team. In addition to improving communications among all Fugro and client stakeholders, this technology reduces reporting turnaround times, keeping projects on schedule and within budget.
Fugro’s project management tools and experience were key factors in winning the contract, according to City of Dallas External Communications and Marketing Manager, Chris Perry: “The City of Dallas Department of Aviation was impressed with Fugro’s automated reporting system and its lengthy history of providing the type of engineering services we needed for these projects. The bid package was complex and far-reaching, but Fugro’s abilities met our needs.”
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Fugro continues University of Western Australia Chair in Geotechnics for 5 more Years
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Arizona State Legislature approves $4M in ongoing yearly Funding for School of Mining and Mineral Resources
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH