- Next milestone reached in the focusing of Thyssenkrupp’s portfolio
- Infrastructure business will profit from willingness of new owner to invest in digitization and development of existing and new markets
- Closing expected in second half of 2021 calendar year
- Dr. Volkmar Dinstuhl, CEO Multi Tracks: “With the successful sale of the Infrastructure business we are taking the next step in sharpening the portfolio of Multi Tracks and making a further contribution to the transformation of Thyssenkrupp.”
Thyssenkrupp today announced the sale of its Infrastructure business unit to FMC Beteiligungs KG, a further successful step in the focusing of its portfolio as part of the initiated realignment. FMC, an entrepreneur-led independent German investment company, makes long-term investments in businesses with a focus on sustainable value growth to the benefit of employees and company. The two parties have agreed not to disclose the financial details of the transaction, which is subject to merger control approval and subject to the approval of the Supervisory Board of Thyssenkrupp AG. The closing is expected to take place in the second half of the 2021 calendar year.
The Infrastructure business will profit from the new owner’s strategic plan for the gradual further development of the company. In particular this includes necessary investment in digitization and the development of existing and new markets. Furthermore, a best and fair owner-agreement has been concluded with the buyer, which in particular includes job and site guarantees.
Dr. Volkmar Dinstuhl, CEO of the Multi Tracks segment: “With the successful sale of the Infrastructure business we are taking the next step in sharpening the portfolio of Multi Tracks and making a further contribution to the transformation of Thyssenkrupp. We are convinced that the business plan behind the transaction offers promising prospects to the employees of Thyssenkrupp Infrastructure.” Dr. Dinstuhl added: “The high purchase interest underlines Infrastructure's leading product and service portfolio as well as the capabilities and expertise of its employees.”
In October 2020 Thyssenkrupp Infrastructure was allocated to the Multi Tracks segment in order to find a new owner. With swift execution, the successful sale is the next step in the initiated transformation of Thyssenkrupp. The aim is to create a high-performing “Group of Companies” with independent businesses, a lean holding company and a focus on systematic performance improvement across all businesses.
Thyssenkrupp Infrastructure, a leading supplier in the fields of civil, marine, foundation and structural engineering, currently employs around 480 people. In the 2019/2020 fiscal year the business unit generated sales of around 140 million euros. Its portfolio includes steel sections and anchor technology, flood protection solutions, pile driving and extracting equipment, drilling, trench shoring and scaffolding systems.
- Webuild wins “Diriyah Square Package 2” multistorey mega Car Park Contract in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- South Harz Potash: Drilling commences at Ohmgebirge
- Construction and Mining Machinery Industry getting ready for bauma 2022
- Fugro secures Cable Route Survey Contract for Denmark’s Energy Islands Development supporting the Transition to renewable Energy
- thyssenkrupp opens new Service Center in Peru