Final workshops and the ceremonial handover of a total of 300 manuals on the subject "Sustainable Resource Management in Mining" marked the successful completion of a series of training and teaching measures on Battambang University, ITC in Phnom Penh and NUoL in Vientiane. G.U.B. Ingenieur AG made use of elapsed 3 years to explain environmental aspects, risks and chances of developing mining branch towards students, university staff and representatives of authorities.
The English manual, which is translated in Khmer as well, effects as an interdisziplinary enhancement of study curriculum and emphasizes issues such as sustainability, social responsibility and vulnerability of natural resources as well as challenges arising from different deposits and mining technologies. It points out fundamental strategies for optimized risk, water, soil and waste management but also rehabilitation and biodiversity.
The foundation for a subsequent ppp-project, supported by DEG has been laid already, first contacts have been established and co-operation agreements have been concluded. G.U.B. works on developing and establishing a master study course Mining and affecting environmental courses together with NUoL.
- Voith introduces SafeSet EZi – the newest Generation of Torque limiting Couplings
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Construction Management Services Contract by Coeur Mining for Rochester POA 11 Project in US
- Tailings Risks: Maintaining Momentum
- Top 14 female Finalists vie for Queensland Resources Awards
- Next Project Phase of the Janina VI Shaft Hoisting project in Poland completed