Glencore has completed the acquisition of a 49% interest in the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO) coal mine in NSW, following the receipt of regulatory approvals.
The HVO Joint Venture (JV) with Yancoal, which owns a 51% stake, is now established.
"We look forward to a successful partnership with Yancoal at the HVO JV and expect it will bring significant benefits for both companies and their shareholders", said Ian Cribb, Chief Operating Officer of Glencore's coal business in Australia.
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Queensland can lead the Way in new Baseload Power for National Electricity Market
- Update on Subpoena from United States Department of Justice
- EU Project NEXT (New Exploration Technologies) started
- Endomines’ Friday Mine Project in Idaho, USA, reaching anticipated Milestones