Glencore has completed the acquisition of a 49% interest in the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO) coal mine in NSW, following the receipt of regulatory approvals.
The HVO Joint Venture (JV) with Yancoal, which owns a 51% stake, is now established.
"We look forward to a successful partnership with Yancoal at the HVO JV and expect it will bring significant benefits for both companies and their shareholders", said Ian Cribb, Chief Operating Officer of Glencore's coal business in Australia.
- SMT Scharf continues on Growth Trend in Q1 2019
- bauma 2019: Successful Home Match for Rema Tip Top
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Engineering Design Sub-contract for Scarborough Floating Production Unit in Australia
- ICE President visited North East Project Woodsmith Mine in the United Kingdom
- QRC welcomes Gold Mine Expansion in North Queensland