Glencore has completed the acquisition of a 49% interest in the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO) coal mine in NSW, following the receipt of regulatory approvals.
The HVO Joint Venture (JV) with Yancoal, which owns a 51% stake, is now established.
"We look forward to a successful partnership with Yancoal at the HVO JV and expect it will bring significant benefits for both companies and their shareholders", said Ian Cribb, Chief Operating Officer of Glencore's coal business in Australia.
- Liugong & UOB to forge a Strategic Partnership in Southeast Asia
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Prominent Hill Contract
- Epiroc wins Order from Cormidom in Dominican Republic to boost Mining Operation
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Queensland can lead the Way in new Baseload Power for National Electricity Market