Glencore announces its membership of the Global Battery Alliance (GBA), an initiative from the World Economic Forum.
The GBA and its members aim to help establish, and collaborate on, a sustainable global battery value chain by 2030.
The GBA’s mission aligns with Glencore’s overall objective to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life.
As a responsible producer and marketer of commodities essential to the energy and mobility transition – such as cobalt, nickel and copper – we intend to play an active role in the alliance, and to join forces with many of our business partners to help establish and promote a circular and responsible battery value chain.
Being part of the GBA will further enable Glencore to fulfil the commitment to the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Glencore looks forward to being part of this important global initiative and will publish details on specific initiatives and actions and in due course.
- Resource Exports strong but Covid-19 Impacts to come
- Wärtsilä Engine Technology will enable Saudi Arabia Mining Site Power Plant to efficiently utilise Solar Energy
- New Research shows Mining Industry Response to Brumadinho still weak
- GHH develops new MX-42 for Underground Hard Mining - First in his Class
- First Batch of rapid Test Kits for new Coronaviruses arrives in Brazil