- Agreement includes technical support during the ongoing review and design of processing facilities at Steenkampskraal
Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. (TSX.V: GWG / OTCQX: GWMGF), a supplier of rare earth element-based metals and metal alloys and holder of a low cost, high-grade critical rare earth asset, announced that it has entered into a non-binding memorandum of understanding with an internationally recognized provider for REE separation services. The MOU also calls for ongoing technical support as the Company reviews and advances the design of its planned production facilities at SKK.
Marc LeVier, Company President and CEO, commented, “It has been our objective to look at all alternatives that can get us to production sooner, lower upfront capital requirements and reduce project risk at SKK. This initial agreement sets in place the framework and commitment to continue discussions toward a comprehensive toll separation agreement for future SKK production. Completion of the MOU and the subsequent contract are substantial steps forward in fulfilling the mine to metal vision.”
The Company will continue to move permitting forward for its proposed separation plant at Vredendal in the Western Cape of South Africa for possible future consideration.
About GWMG Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. is a leader in the manufacture and supply of rare earth element-based metals and metal alloys. Its specialty alloys are used in the battery, magnet and aerospace industries. Produced at the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Less Common Metals Limited in Ellesmere Port, U.K., these alloys contain transition metals, including nickel, cobalt, iron and other rare earth elements. As part of the Company’s vertical integration strategy, GWMG also holds 100% equity ownership in Rare Earth Extraction Co. Limited, which controls the Steenkampskraal monazite mine in South Africa. The Company also holds interests in three rare earth exploration properties in North America that are not active.
- Metso Outotec announces Crusher for soft Ore Applications
- GHH Multipurpose electric Vehicles: New Conversion Kits for Tembo 4x4
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation