Esri UK, the world's leading provider of geographic information systems (GIS), has awarded a solution developed by a Skanska, Costain and Strabag joint venture working on HS2 with the ‘Map Creator’ award at its annual event.
The solution, which has been described as ‘ground-breaking’, was established in house and is one of the first in the UK to successfully combine 3D GIS data of the terrain and built environment with 3D building information modelling (BIM) to present employees with a comprehensive, interactive, 3D view of new infrastructure in its wider geographic context.
The system allows those working on one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Europe to work more effectively together by sharing a deeper understanding of existing infrastructure and planned new assets. Therefore, making it is easier to pinpoint which utilities will be impacted by construction and subsequently design the most appropriate diversions.
Employees can use the 3D mapping system without going onsite, which reduces costs, improves safety and avoids unnecessary delays.
- Normet’s new Minimec introduces a comprehensive Concrete Spraying Experience in a compact Package
- Skanska builds Foundation for Submarine Manufacturing Facility in Connecticut, USA
- Freudenberg unterbreitet Angebot für börsennotiertes Unternehmen Low & Bonar PLC
- Freudenberg submits offer for listed Company, Low & Bonar PLC
- Strabag building Hatta pumped Storage Power Plant in Dubai