Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited regrets to report that one of its employees tragically lost their life following a winch-related incident on Friday morning. The incident occurred at its Kusasalethu mine, near Carletonville, in the Gauteng province.
Mining activities in the whole operation were stopped until the areas were declared safe. The affected area has remained closed pending an in-loco inspection into the cause of the incident. The relevant authorities have been informed and the family of the deceased colleague will receive the necessary support and counselling.
“The board, executives and management of Harmony are deeply saddened by this tragic incident. We are doing our utmost to ensure these incidents do not occur and continually strive to improve the safety culture throughout all our operations. Safety is a core value at Harmony and remains a priority as we seek to eliminate work related injuries and accidents. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of the deceased.” said Peter Steenkamp, chief executive officer of Harmony.
- BHP announces non-binding indicative Proposal to acquire Oz Minerals Limited
- bauma 2022: Reach new Levels of Construction with Epiroc
- Qld Girls poised to become Resources’ next Leaders and Innovators
- Rudolf Hausladen and Dr. Christoph Beumer inform about the Future of Beumer Group
- Rema Tip Top and Al Dobowi Industrial Rubber Services join forces to provide premium industrial Services across the MENA Region