Hatch recently hosted the 53rd annual H.G. Acres Symposium at the office in Mississauga, Ontario. The event brought together twelve presenters from the power industry, along with clients, partners, and Hatch colleagues, to delve into the theme of “Powering Positive Change” and discuss hydropower and its key role in the clean energy transition.
Symposium participants shared their insights on project and industry activities with great conversations focused on industry transformation and the importance of hydropower and other renewables on the path to decarbonization.
Kicking off the day was a keynote lunch with Ontario Power Generation’s Heather Ferguson, who highlighted Ontario’s energy opportunity, followed by engaging sessions featuring panelists from Hatch, partners, and leaders from the Ontario Waterpower Association and WaterPower Canada. Various key topics were discussed:
- National and international evolution of Indigenous engagement: building beyond the baseline
- Timeline for developing greenfield hydro
- Cost effectiveness and affordability of hydropower
- Integration of hydropower with renewables.
The event allowed attendees (including young professionals) to network, ask questions, and discuss trends and opportunities for the industry.
- New Chair of the IRO, the Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Offshore Energy Industry
- Metso Outotec to deliver Comminution Equipment to Artemis Gold in Canada
- Pilot Trial Based on Ore from Keliber’s Largest Deposit Resulted in High Conversion Rate
- Fugro Investigation recommends Combining CCS with Offshore Wind Farm Developments
- Women’s Program reaches new Heights in Qld’s Resources Sector