Red River Solutions, a 50/50 joint venture between Aecon and Oscar Renda Contracting of Canada Inc., has selected Hatch as lead designer for the $272 million design-build contract for the North End Sewage Treatment Plant (NEWPCC) Upgrade: Headworks Facilities Project in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The scope of work includes the design and construction of a new headworks facility that will include a raw sewage pump station, micro-tunnelled extensions of existing interceptor sewers, a grit removal system, fine screens, solids’ compactors, a main control room, and a plant emergency standby power generator facility. The project is the first of three major projects required to upgrade the NEWPCC and reduce nutrient loadings to the Red River and Lake Winnipeg.
Construction is expected to commence in the third quarter of 2021, with expected completion in the second quarter of 2025.
“We are very excited to have been selected for the NEWPCC as lead designer,” said David Mutombo, Managing Director, Hatch. “Not only is it one of the largest wastewater infrastructure projects in North America, but this critical upgrade will enable efficient wastewater treatment capabilities to meet the needs of a growing population in Winnipeg.”
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Hexagon partners with Hard-Line to protect Mines with tele-remote Technology
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Hexagon introduces HxGN MineMeasure to maximise Ore Recovery