- A$11.1-billion package will be a central part of Australia’s largest road project and will transform the mobility of Melbourne
- Hatch to provide proof engineering services on North East Link Tunnels Melbourne, Australia
Hatch has been selected to provide proof engineering services for the North East Link Tunnels on Australia’s largest road project. The project is led by Spark Consortium who has been awarded a A$11.1 billion Public Private Partnership contract to govern the North East Link Tunnels.
This exciting project, the largest ever investment in Melbourne’s northeast, will transform the mobility of Melbourne. The project includes building Victoria’s longest twin road tunnels, which will take 15,000 trucks off local roads a day and cut travel times by up to 35 minutes. The project will connect the M80 Ring Road with the Eastern Freeway, creating better routes between key growth areas in the north and south-east of Melbourne. The upgrade will also include 34 km of new cycling and walking paths, improvements to community facilities, including local sports grounds, and upgrades to Melbourne’s larger transport networks.
Hatch will deliver proof engineering services for the North East Link Tunnels, performing a detailed independent engineering check and certification of the design documentation for tunnelling structures, hydraulics modelling, bridges and underpasses, temporary works, and miscellaneous structures. Hatch will also review the geotechnical ground models and parameters included in the design packages, and perform a third-party review of key fire engineering documents.
“We’re pleased to continue supporting our long-term clients in this large scale, high complexity new major project. Our integrated team of specialists in tunnelling, bridge, temporary works and other disciplines bring a project delivery focus to Proof Engineering, playing an important part in securing the project objectives in safety, performance and resilience,” said David Moran, AUA Managing Director of Infrastructure.
- Webuild wins “Diriyah Square Package 2” multistorey mega Car Park Contract in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Acquisition: Rema Tip Top strengthens its Position in the Swiss Conveyor Market
- Fugro secures Cable Route Survey Contract for Denmark’s Energy Islands Development supporting the Transition to renewable Energy
- thyssenkrupp opens new Service Center in Peru
- Subway Line Crossing U2xU5: Bauer installs the deepest bored Piles in Vienna