Hexagon’s Mining division has been awarded a fleet management project at Sepon gold mine in Southern Laos. The deployment will see HxGN MineOperate OP Pro implemented in trucks, excavators and auxiliary equipment at the mine by the end of the year.
Sepon is an open-pit gold and copper mine located in Savannakhet Province in Southern Laos. The mine is owned and operated by Lane Xang Minerals Limited, one of the largest gold producers in Laos. Since operations commenced in 2003, Sepon has produced 1.2 million ounces of gold doré and more than one million tonnes of copper cathode. In 2020, Sepon produced more than 39,730 tonnes of copper and 64,809 ounces of gold doré. The mine already uses Hexagon’s drill and blast solutions.
“We look forward to continuing our partnership with Lane Xang as they enhance operations at Sepon mine,” said Shane Boak, Business Manager & General Manager Sales, Hexagon’s Mining division. “OP Pro helps mines maximize efficiency while improving safety, and we are excited to see Lane Xang implement our system across their fleet.”
“HxGN MineOperate OP Pro will be critical for LXML to optimize the use of our mining fleet,” said Jimmy Yana, Senior Superintendent - Mining Operations Excellence and Contracts, Lane Xang Minerals Limited. “We are excited to start this new journey in Sepon and look forward to working with Hexagon to maximize the value from their solution in our operation”
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Glencore announces Appointment of independent Director