Hexagon’s Mining division announced a partnership with Canadian company Hard-Line, a leading supplier of automation, teleoperation and remote-control technology for the mining industry. Hard-Line’s TeleOp product allows for the tele-remote operation of heavy machinery from a control station in a safe area on the surface or underground, regardless of distance.
Hexagon will distribute TeleOp, further strengthening its market-leading portfolios for safety and autonomous solutions.
“We’re looking forward to collaborating with Hard-Line, which shares our vision of a future that’s safer, sustainable and increasingly autonomous,” said Nick Hare, President of Hexagon’s Mining division.
“Remote control is a key enabler of autonomy, taking humans out of dangerous situations in the mine where it’s unsafe to have a manned vehicle. We’re excited to develop our partnership and our customers can expect further product integrations.”
President of Hard-Line, Walter Siggelkow, said: “With Hexagon’s expertise and our internationally recognized technology – this partnership really benefits both companies and customers in many ways. This is a special day.”
- Epiroc wins large Equipment Order for Greenfield Mine in Canada
- Metso Outotec to deliver modular Cobalt Solvent Extraction Technology to Canada
- Proposed Sale of Glencore’s Bolivian Zinc Assets
- Berco to reduce the Environmental Impact at its Italian Copparo Plant
- IWiM successfully delivers Fourth Consecutive International Women in Resources Mentoring Programme (IWRMP)