- 3.4-kilometer-long structure connects Canada with the USA
- Consortium will operate the route for 30 years
- Partner: Hochtief PPP Solutions, Flatiron, Iridium, Dragados
74,000 tons of steel, 93,000 cubic meters of concrete and 25,000 tons of asphalt have been processed into one of the most important construction projects of the North American transportation infrastructure. After less than four years of construction, a consortium comprising Hochtief PPP Solutions, Flatiron, Iridium and Dragados has completed a 3.4-kilometer bridge over the St. Lawrence River in Montreal/Canada: the Samuel de Champlain Bridge.
The opening ceremony of the masterpiece of engineering took place with more than 300 international guests. The new bridge will be an important additional link between the two North American countries. It is intended to relieve the strain on the Champlain Bridge, one of Canadas busiest bridges, built in 1962. Every year, up to 60 million vehicles cross the St. Lawrence River here.
The partners in the public-private partnership project planned, financed and built the new connection. From now they will operate the route for 30 years. Hochtief PPP Solutions holds a 25 percent stake in the project company Signature on the Saint-Lawrence Group.
In addition to the New People Mover at Los Angeles International Airport and the Presidio Parkway in San Francisco, this is another major PPP transportation infrastructure project in the USA to be jointly implemented by several ACS and Hochtief Group companies.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Flatiron secures Contract for Critical Infrastructure Project in Washington
- Appointment of new CEO of Endomines AB
- Metals & Mining Industry M&A deals in September 2019 total $1.9bn globally
- Wealth Minerals negotiates Land Access to Valsequillo Silver Project, Mexico
- Salini Impregilo and Astaldi in Mobilinx Consortium awarded Construction Contract for Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project in Canada