New construction of Line 17 | Le Bourget airport to be linked to the metro network | Total order volume of some EUR 440 million (CHF 500 million)
Société du Grand Paris (SGP) has commissioned the joint venture Avenir, consisting of Implenia (business management and technical mandate), Demathieu Bard Construction (overall responsibility), Royal BAM Group and Pizzarotti (each with a 25 percent stake) to build Section 1 of the new metro line 17 North of the Grand Paris Express. The order volume amounts to approximately EUR 440 million (CHF 500 million).
Section 1 consists of tunnel which is about six kilometres in length, two new underground metro stations (Le Bourget Aéroport and Triangle de Gonesse), six annex structures (mainly ventilation shafts and security access shafts), the TBM interim starting shaft in Bonneuil-en-France and a 750-metre preliminary cut in Gonesse. The new line will be connected to the urban transport network and partially built new.
The tunnel will be dug out using a tunnel boring machine (TBM) and have a diameter of some 8.7 m. The geological conditions are well-known based on various drillings. Implenia is proud to be able to make its experience and expertise available in the area of urban underground construction and dedicate its resources to implementing this complex project. Special foundations work will start in May 2019.
The Implenia order portfolio in France now consists of three sections of the large-scale project “Grand Paris Express”, one section of the project HiLumi for the European Laboratory of Particle Physics (CERN) in Cessy, the extension of metro line B in Lyon and the safety shaft for the Fréjus Tunnel in Modane. In all these projects Implenia is collaborating with French partners.
- Strabag Subsidiary Züblin to design and build Wastewater Pumping Station in Qatar
- Normet introduces new Technologies for sustainable and green Mining and invests into Factory Expansion in Finland
- Komatsu selects ABB for 100th AC Multidrive Order for Open-pit Shovels
- Implenia erhält als Teil einer ARGE Auftrag für Ersatz der Staumauer beim Grimselsee in der Schweiz
- Strabag: Financial Close of its project “Autopista al Mar 1” in Colombia completed