Juwi has signed two EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) contracts with a consortium of BIM Group of Vietnam and AC Energy of Philippines, to build two Solar Power projects of 50 MW and 30 MW capacity in Ninh Thuan province, Vietnam.
Juwi will be responsible for the construction, design and engineering of the plant as well as the procurement of the components. Once completed, juwi will be responsible for operation and maintenance of the plants at least for the next five years.
"For Juwi, these projects represent a significant milestone in Vietnam as we continue to expand our footprints into the country’s fast-growing solar market," commented Valerie Speth, juwi’s Regional Director for the Asia Pacific Region (APAC). Once completed, the plants are expected to add more than 125 million kilowatt hours of clean electricity to Vietnam’s national grid annually.
The Juwi group has been active in APAC since 2010, with over 1 GW of solar projects already delivered or under construction/ planning. BIM Group is a diversified conglomerate with operations across real estate, energy, aquaculture, food production and consumer & lifestyle. AC Energy is the Ayala Group’s business arm in the energy sector, with investments in renewable energy and conventional power plants.
Source: juwi AG
- Gazprom Board of Directors approves revised Investment Program and Budget for 2018
- Follow-on Contracts awarded to Bilfinger in the North Sea
- TurkStream Gas Pipeline’s Offshore Section 95 per Cent completed
- Juwi: PV Hybrid Project on the Great Barrier Reef
- South Africa: Juwi to construct and operate 250 MW solar PV in REIPPPP Round 4 Projects