The pilot tests of the Keliber's lithium hydroxide test program have been completed on schedule. During the test work, conducted at Outotec's Pori Research Center, leaching, ion exchange and crystallization tests were carried out on laboratory and pilot scales. During the pilot, lithium hydroxide was produced and based on preliminary analyses the product is of battery grade.
The test program will continue with the optimization of the process flowsheet and a detailed technical and economic study to evaluate the feasibility of lithium hydroxide production. As announced earlier, the company expects that the whole test program will be completed during Q1 2019.
"We are pleased that we have been able to keep the tight schedule set for the test program of lithium hydroxide production. We have reached the target for the quality of the end product and have produced battery-grade lithium hydroxide during the pilot test. We will immediately commence the next steps of the test program and continue to the technical and economic design of the production process", says Pertti Lamberg, CEO of Keliber Oy.
Source: Keliber Oy
- SMT Scharf continues on Growth Trend in Q1 2019
- bauma 2019: Successful Home Match for Rema Tip Top
- ICE President visited North East Project Woodsmith Mine in the United Kingdom
- QRC welcomes Gold Mine Expansion in North Queensland
- A14 Project Team begins Testing self-driving Trucks for first Time in England