Salini Impregilo is ready to expand further in the United States, its biggest market by revenue, with a new commercial strategy. With an order backlog at the end of June exceeding $4 billion and new orders totalling more than $800 million including contracts that are new or in the process of being finalised, as well as best offers, the Group aims to increase its market share with new projects in the transport, water and tunnelling sectors.
The strategy comes with the naming of Mark Schiller as President and Chief Executive of Lane Industries, Inc. parent of The Lane Construction Corp, one of the top builders in the country and a U.S. subsidiary of Salini Impregilo.
A 30-year veteran of Lane, Schiller was head of Lane’s Plants and Paving division before becoming Lane’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Operations – Construction. He will replace Robert Alger, who will become Chairman of the Board at Lane Construction after a 40-year career at Lane.
The change in management marks the next phase in the development of Lane following the sale of Plants and Paving in 2018 as it switches its focus from roadwork and other projects in a limited number of U.S. states to large infrastructure contracts across the country in the sustainable mobility and water sectors.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Evergreen Tractor & Kimball Equipment team up to represent Superior in Northwest U.S.
- Skanska builds the South Coast Rail expansion, Fall River Secondary Line in MA, USA
- Verstärkung der Geschäftsführung der Fischer group
- Metso to deliver a rotary Railroad Car Dumper System to CSX Transportation in the USA
- Appointment in future Metso Outotec’s Executive Team