Latrobe Magnesium gears up to deliver ESG credentialled clean metals production plant
Latrobe Magnesium Limited's David Paterson discusses the Prefeasibility Study it has just started for its 100,000 tonnes per annum 'green magnesium' plant. The PFS will be conducted by global engineering, construction and project management company, Bechtel, which will support a two-part study to evaluate strategic investment options to maximise the project’s value and define the selected option to assist LMG in developing a business case and forward work plan for the feasibility study phase. The LMG CEO explains the discussions the company is having with a ferro-nickel producer to supply 12 million tonnes of ferronickel slag over 20 years to feed the plant and the expected newsflow surrounding joint venture partners, offtake agreements and the finalisation of feedstock, which it hopes to wrap up this year before looking at the Bankable Feasibility Study in 2023.
Source: Latrobe Magnesium Limited
- BHP announces non-binding indicative Proposal to acquire Oz Minerals Limited
- Qld Girls poised to become Resources’ next Leaders and Innovators
- Rudolf Hausladen and Dr. Christoph Beumer inform about the Future of Beumer Group
- Rema Tip Top and Al Dobowi Industrial Rubber Services join forces to provide premium industrial Services across the MENA Region
- bauma: Prospects for sustainable Mining