Lundin Gold Inc. reports that a landslide occurred on the North Access Road at the Fruta del Norte Project resulting in the death of an employee, despite the extensive rescue efforts of the Company and local response teams. The employee was operating a loader which was caught in the landslide.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident and have extended our condolences and support to the employee’s family and co-workers,” said Lundin Gold’s President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Hochstein.
The Company has notified the appropriate authorities in Ecuador and is providing its full cooperation in their investigation. A thorough internal investigation of the accident will also be conducted. No other employees were harmed in the accident.
Source: Lundin Gold
- Vale informs on the Extraordinary Independent Consulting Committee for Dam Safety
- Vale Updates on Barão de Cocais Dam in Brazil
- Cimic's Thiess wins Contract in Botswana
- Rail Museum turns Spotlight on Role of Fugro’s geotechnical Expertise in HS2
- Van Oord and BAM International complete state-of-the-art Container Terminal in Costa Rica