Lundin Gold Inc. reports that a landslide occurred on the North Access Road at the Fruta del Norte Project resulting in the death of an employee, despite the extensive rescue efforts of the Company and local response teams. The employee was operating a loader which was caught in the landslide.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident and have extended our condolences and support to the employee’s family and co-workers,” said Lundin Gold’s President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Hochstein.
The Company has notified the appropriate authorities in Ecuador and is providing its full cooperation in their investigation. A thorough internal investigation of the accident will also be conducted. No other employees were harmed in the accident.
Source: Lundin Gold
- Metso Outotec has won a major Mining Technology Order from Zijin Mining in China
- Mine Feasibility Study for Downstream Energy Industries in Indonesia
- Cimic’s Thiess awarded MT Owen Extension in Australia
- ABB links with University of Western Australia to progress Industry 4.0 Standards for the future digital Mine
- Joining Forces: Hatch and X-Terra sign an MOU to provide comprehensive environmental Solutions to Clients in Saskatchewan