Lundin Gold Inc. reports that a landslide occurred on the North Access Road at the Fruta del Norte Project resulting in the death of an employee, despite the extensive rescue efforts of the Company and local response teams. The employee was operating a loader which was caught in the landslide.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident and have extended our condolences and support to the employee’s family and co-workers,” said Lundin Gold’s President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Hochstein.
The Company has notified the appropriate authorities in Ecuador and is providing its full cooperation in their investigation. A thorough internal investigation of the accident will also be conducted. No other employees were harmed in the accident.
Source: Lundin Gold
- New PU Injection Resin pushes itself into the Crack
- Resources Sector reaffirms Commitment to Mine Safety Reset
- Belt Tech, Inc. new Superior Distributor in Central Appalachia, USA for Idlers, Pulleys and Conveyor Accessories
- UGL wins new Rail and Mining Services Contracts
- Mentoring to boost female Numbers in Queensland Resources Sector