Tensar’s TensarTech TR2 reinforced soil wall system was the ideal solution for a temporary raised platform, allowing the safe installation of piles for a new bridge on the Manchester Airport Relief Road Scheme.
Morgan Sindall needed to build a temporary piling platform for construction of a new bridge to carry the off-slip road of the Manchester Airport Relief Road next to the A523 Macclesfield Road, while avoiding an historic weir wall that was in poor condition. One edge of the 4.7m high platform was formed by sheet piles but a reinforced soil solution was needed for the other sides.Tensar
Tensar’s TensarTech TR2 temporary reinforced soil wall system delivered a stable, low-cost solution that supported the rig loading of 150kPa, while being quick to build, without the need for crane lifts, foundations or specialist skills.
- Bauer Maschinen Group at Bauma in Shanghai: The latest specialist Foundation Engineering Technology for the Asian Market
- Fugro partners on ‘4S’ global Satellite Observation Seafloor mapping Innovation
- Fugro’s innovative Technologies monitor Amsterdam’s Bridges and Quay Walls
- Costain Skanska Joint Venture sets a new Standard for social Value on major Infrastructure Projects
- GeoResources Team Wishes You and Your Families a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2021