- Marenica is continuing testwork on its proprietary U‐pgrade™ beneficiation technology
- Recent flowsheet optimisation testwork on ore from the Marenica deposit has resulted in an increased U‐pgrade™ uranium recovery of 72% (previously 66%)
- The increase in U‐pgrade™ recovery has resulted in a marginal reduction in concentrate grade from 5,500ppm to 5,000ppm U3O8
- The increased recovery is expected to reduce the average OPEX from US$42/lb to US$39/lb
International uranium company Marenica Energy Limited report on a positive outcome from U‐pgrade™ flowsheet optimisation testwork on ore from the Marenica Uranium Project in Namibia.
The testwork has resulted in a reduction in process stages towards the end of the beneficiation flowsheet and an increase in the expected recovery from 66% to 72%. The recovery increase has resulted in a marginal reduction in the U‐pgrade™ concentrate grade from ~5,500ppm to 5,000ppm U3O8.
The impact of the increased recovery on the Company’s internal operating cost estimate is a reduction from US$42/lb to US$39/lb.
The Company is continuing the U‐pgrade™ optimisation testwork programme and will provide material updates as they come to hand.
Marenica is also actively seeking ore samples from other resource companies to determine the applicability of the U‐pgrade™ technology. To this end the Company has been granted approval to test samples from Areva’s Trekkopje mine and also Deep Yellow’s Australian and Namibia resources.
The Company is in discussions with a further seven resource companies about providing samples for evaluation and testing.
- Next Project Phase of the Janina VI Shaft Hoisting project in Poland completed
- Revised Discharge Permit granted for the Engebø Project in Norway
- Investment Priority for predictive Maintenance
- Norilsk Nickel Joins Responsible Sourcing Blockchain Network
- Pharmaceutical Salt – Transportation Medium for the Corona Vaccine