Medusa Mining Limited, through its Philippines operating company Philsaga Mining Corporation, regrets to inform that a fatal accident occured at its Co-O underground mine on 23 October 2018.
Preliminary investigation indicates an underground worker fell from a height within the mine. He was taken to hospital and subsequently died from his injuries.
The Philippine Mines and Geosciences Bureau has been notified of the accident. Activites in the immediate area have been suspended while a detailed investigation is completed while the rest of the mine continues to operate.
The Company is providing support to the underground worker’s family and the Co-O workforce.
Source: Medusa Mining Limited
- Epiroc wins Equipment Order for Mine Expansion in Chile
- Normet making History by doing Underground Explosives charging on Batteries
- Epiroc to divest geotechnical Consumables Product Line to Mimir Invest
- Zyfra and First Ore-Mining Company to deploy Artificial Intelligence Solutions for Mining in Extreme North
- Disclosure on Tailings Storage Facilities