Medusa Mining Limited, through its Philippines operating company Philsaga Mining Corporation, regrets to inform that a fatal accident occured at its Co-O underground mine on 23 October 2018.
Preliminary investigation indicates an underground worker fell from a height within the mine. He was taken to hospital and subsequently died from his injuries.
The Philippine Mines and Geosciences Bureau has been notified of the accident. Activites in the immediate area have been suspended while a detailed investigation is completed while the rest of the mine continues to operate.
The Company is providing support to the underground worker’s family and the Co-O workforce.
Source: Medusa Mining Limited
- Siemens integrates the highest international Safety Standard in Polyhalite Mine
- Epiroc launches new Generation battery-driven Machines for sustainable Mining
- Queensland’s Coal Exports claim Top Spot with 22 Wins on the Trot
- New Jobs for rehabilitated Mine in Australia
- QRC congratulates Peabody on 20yr Milestone