Coffey announced that Cross Yarra Partnership has signed a contract with Melbourne Metro Rail Authority to finance, design, construct and maintain the Tunnel and Stations Package for approximately 25 years as part of the Metro Tunnel Project.
The Metro Tunnel will be Victoria’s biggest ever public transport project and Cross Yarra Partnership will deliver twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at North Melbourne (Arden), Parkville, State Library, Town Hall and Anzac.
Cross Yarra Partnership is a consortium of Lendlease, John Holland, Bouygues Construction and Capella Capital.
Coffey is providing specialist geotechnical and hydrogeological services on the Project. This includes additional geotechnical investigations and testing to produce final geotechnical interpretive reports to inform the detailed station and tunnel design. It will also assist in the selection of the tunnel boring machines and construction of the stations under Swanston Street. Coffey will also carry out an extensive program of hydrogeological drilling investigations and aquifer testing to support the design and installation of groundwater controls across the project.
“This is a significant and exciting project and we’re incredibly proud to be working on it with Cross Yarra Partnership” said Urs Meyerhans, Coffey CEO.
Cross Yarra Partnership was announced as the preferred tenderer for the $6 billion Tunnel and Stations Public Private Partnership in July 2017.
- Historischer Durchschlag im Koralmtunnel: Erstmals direkte Verbindung zwischen Kärnten und Steiermark durch die Koralpe
- First Half of 2018: Strong Growth and Profit Improvement in Normet
- Implenia erhält Infrastrukturgroßauftrag in Lyon in Frankreich
- Implenia wins major Infrastructure Order in Lyon in France
- Fugro’s new RAMMS Technology advances bathymetric Lidar Mapping Capabilities