Total metals & mining industry M&A deals in September 2019 worth $1.9bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 6.7% over the previous month and a drop of 63.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $5.18bn. Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.37bn. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.34bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for metals & mining industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then South and Central America.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in September 2019 was Canada with 28 deals, followed by Australia with 18 and the US with 14.
In 2019, as of the end of September 2019, metals & mining M&A deals worth $36.46bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 55.1% year on year.
Metals & mining industry M&A deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals accounted for 77.4% of the overall value during September 2019. The combined value of the top five metals & mining M&A deals stood at $1.47bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Beijing Haohua Energy Resource’s $442.81m acquisition of Ningxia Hongdunzi Coal Industry
- The $408.55m acquisition of Shanxi Meijin Energy by Shanxi Jinmei Distressed Equity Investment Partnership
- Osisko Gold Royalties’ $254.73m acquisition of Barkerville Gold Mines
- The $231.6m acquisition of Yangchun New Steel by Hunan Valin Xiangtan Iron and Steel
- Shandong Zhaojin Group’s acquisition of Baoding Technology for $129.93m.
- World-first public Database of Mine Tailings Dams aims to prevent deadly Disasters
- Cimic Group´s UGL secures Contracts in Mining Sector
- Turquoise Hill appoints new Director
- Orica launches Underground Blast Design Software to boost Productivity and reduce Costs
- Recommended Cash Acquisition for Sirius Minerals plc by Anglo American Projects UK limited