Metso Outotec will deliver new, smart flotation cells to GTK Mintec’s pilot plant in Outokumpu, Finland. The delivery consists of approximately 20 pilot flotation machines and additional equipment. GTK Mintec is replacing the flotation cells to modernize and expand its services. The new flotation cells will support the improvement of the monitoring of beneficiation studies and process design.
“GTK and Metso Outotec promote sustainable and competitive mining technologies. We are pleased that GTK chose Metso Outotec’s leading edge flotation technology for their test facilities,” says Stephan Kirsch, President of Metso Outotec’s Minerals business area.
“The test plant and laboratory in Outokumpu offer mining customers a comprehensive service package. The whole production process needed for a mineral deposit can be tested there on the scale required by the research problem. Through the flotation investment, our domestic and international customers can use state-of-the-art technology in research related to battery minerals and circular economy materials, for example,” says the head of the Circular Economy Solutions unit Jouko Nieminen from the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK).
Source: Metso Outotec
- New Head Global Production in Normet's Equipment Business Line
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent