Metso Outotec will deliver new, smart flotation cells to GTK Mintec’s pilot plant in Outokumpu, Finland. The delivery consists of approximately 20 pilot flotation machines and additional equipment. GTK Mintec is replacing the flotation cells to modernize and expand its services. The new flotation cells will support the improvement of the monitoring of beneficiation studies and process design.
“GTK and Metso Outotec promote sustainable and competitive mining technologies. We are pleased that GTK chose Metso Outotec’s leading edge flotation technology for their test facilities,” says Stephan Kirsch, President of Metso Outotec’s Minerals business area.
“The test plant and laboratory in Outokumpu offer mining customers a comprehensive service package. The whole production process needed for a mineral deposit can be tested there on the scale required by the research problem. Through the flotation investment, our domestic and international customers can use state-of-the-art technology in research related to battery minerals and circular economy materials, for example,” says the head of the Circular Economy Solutions unit Jouko Nieminen from the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK).
Source: Metso Outotec
- Geyser Batteries Manufacturing Carbon Footprint significantly lower than the Industry Average
- Tailings Risks: Maintaining Momentum
- Innovative and practical: New features introduced by RTG Rammtechnik GmbH set Standards for Sheet Pile Wall Construction
- Top 14 female Finalists vie for Queensland Resources Awards
- Next Project Phase of the Janina VI Shaft Hoisting project in Poland completed