Designing mining and metals processes to match the demand for increased operating efficiency and sustainability requires fast and seamless collaboration from the industry and its suppliers. At the same time, the need for suitable virtual environments in which to quickly develop and test flowsheet solutions and prototypes has become paramount. Metso Outotec is now unveiling the Innovation Center, which brings together the comprehensive value chain from ore to metals and enables rapid co-creation with customers and partners. The first Metso Outotec Innovation Center is located in Espoo, Finland.
The game-changing Innovation Center offers unique expertise and tools for solving different types of challenges, from process optimization to the selection and virtual prototyping of solutions, in a cutting-edge environment. It takes ideation, collaboration, and innovation to the next level.
“The Innovation Center introduces a completely new way to collaborate and co-create with our customers and partners. Adding value to our customers’ processes and ensuring their reliable, efficient and sustainable operation, as well as safety are all at the core of what we do at the Innovation Center,” says Veli-Matti Järvinen, Vice President for Automation and Digital Solutions, Minerals, at Metso Outotec.
Cutting-edge digital space
The Innovation Center’s versatile capabilities include offering demonstrations digitally, hosting training, problem-solving and co-creation workshop sessions, demonstrating technologies and services, concretizing value calculations, and displaying three-dimensional digital twins in accurate form while protecting data and sensitive content securely, to name a few examples. More features are being introduced continuously.
“In our new digital space, we can support our customers at every stage of their continuous improvement path. We’re thrilled about the opportunities offered by the Innovation Center: it speeds up the innovation cycle and makes efficient collaboration possible in a space that is both physical and digital,” concludes Järvinen.
Innovation Center’s key customer benefits
- Identify, understand, and solve customers’ problems and bottlenecks
- Find the best roadmap and solutions together with the industry’s best experts
- Co-creation and next-level cooperation
- Concretize value calculations
- Speed up new innovations
- Create additional value to already existing products and solutions
- Accelerate time-to-market
Source: Metso Outotec
- New Head Global Production in Normet's Equipment Business Line
- Coastal Protection with geotextile Container Systems
- Küstenschutz mit geotextilen Containersystemen
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US