Metso Outotec has been awarded a contract for the engineering and delivery two 170 t/h Bayer process flash evaporation plants to National Aluminium Company’s (Nalco) Damanjodi Alumina Refinery in Odisha, India. The value of the order is approximately EUR 13 million, and it has been booked in the Metals segment’s orders received in Q1/2021.
“We are excited for Nalco having chosen us as the supplier for the two energy-efficient flash evaporation plants complementing our market position in the Bauxite and Alumina sector,” highlights Dr. Alessio Scarsella, Director, Light Metals at Metso Outotec. “Previously, we have delivered three process lines for Nalco’s calcination and hydrate filtration plants, the first of which has been in operation since 1987. Additionally, in March 2020, we received an order for two alumina calciners and one hydrate filtration plant, increasing Nalco’s annual alumina production to approximately one million tonnes. The now ordered evaporation plants will help Nalco meet its production target.”
The Alumina business remains in Metso Outotec’s portfolio and is not part of the earlier announced divested Aluminium business.
Source: Metso Outotec
- Eiffage and Kier receive Notice to proceed for HS2, with their new partners, Ferrovial Agroman and BAM Nuttall
- Skanska replaces Wastewater Resource Facility Sewage Pump System in New York
- Fugro wins repeat Geo-data Solutions Contract with State of Texas
- Metso Outotec to supply large-capacity Grate-Kiln Iron Ore Pellet Plant to India
- Metso Outotec completes Divestment of its Aluminium Business