More than 370 experts and decision makers met at this year's MiningForum on 1 and 2 June to learn about the latest trends in the raw materials industry, exchange views and expand their network for future cooperation. With stronger than ever international participation, the event welcomed visitors from 18 countries, including Canada, Chile, Finland, Australia and Mongolia.
The forum, which is held biennially, has been running for 26 years. Since it began in 1991, organisers of the event, DMT, have aimed to provide an informative program with a strong thematic focus. Today the topics of the presentations cover the entire value chain in the mining industry, from resource exploration to extraction and beyond to mine closure and management of post-mining issues. The accompanying trade exhibition offered companies a platform to present their products and services in a premium environment.
This year's presentation sessions were on the themes:
- Exploration & Developing Deposits
- Extraction & Transport
- International Mining Projects
- Post-Mining Management & Use
- Research & Development
- as well as future-oriented Industry 4.0 in the mining sector.
"We see the MiningForum in Germany as the central contact point for exchanging information and networking in our industry," says Lea Heidemann, Project Manager at the Competence Centre for Mining & Mineral Resources of the Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"Highlights this year were the presentation sessions on research & development," explains DMT CEO Prof. Eiko Räkers, "and above all, those addressing Mining 4.0, which illustrated the application possibilities for intelligent and digitally-networked systems within the mining industry." The diversity of the program and the ideal setting for open discussion were also highly praised.
Prof. Günther Apel honoured for his services
At the traditional miners' social evening Professor Günther Apel was honoured with the first personalised "MiningForum Award" for his many years of commitment to the event. Through his remarkable efforts in recent years, Prof. Apel has made a valuable contribution to the forum and its reputation in the mining market. This accolade also earned him honorary life membership to the MiningForum.
Source: DMT GmbH & Co. KG
- Chinese Mining Company becomes Co-partner of Halbach & Braun
- Keliber applies for a Mining Permit for the Finnish Rapasaari Mine
- Erstmalig in Europa: Seismische Untersuchung mit kabellosen Messstationen und Slip-Sweep-Technologie erfolgreich abgeschlossen
- Normet introduces new Technologies for sustainable and green Mining and invests into Factory Expansion in Finland
- Hexagon closes Drill & Blast Gap with Split Engineering Acquisition