Randy Essex, Mott MacDonald's Executive Vice President and Director of Professional Excellence, has been elected to the Executive Council of the International Tunnelling Association for a three-year term.
The election took place at the General Assembly of the World Tunnel Congress in Bergen, Norway, held June 9 to 15.
“Randy Essex has played a key role in many of Mott MacDonald’s signature projects, including the Niagara Tunnel, New York Harbor Siphon Tunnel, Euclid Creek Storage Tunnel, and East Side Access,” said Nick DeNichilo, President and CEO of Mott MacDonald in North America. “His new position with the International Tunnelling Association is well deserved.”
Randy Essex has been involved with the planning, design, construction engineering, or dispute resolution for more than 160 tunnel projects. His tunneling experience encompasses projects across North America as well as Australia, Chile, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, and Singapore.
In 2016, Essex was honored with the prestigious Golden Beaver award for engineering. For the last five years, he has served as the Underground Construction Association's Voting Delegate for the US at annual meetings of the World Tunnel Congress.
Source: Mott MacDonald
- Change in Boliden´s Management Team
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Twin Robbins Crossover TBMs to bore on Mumbai Metro Line 3
- Fugro wins Pre-construction Site Investigation for HS2’s Chilterns Tunnel and Colne Valley Viaduct in UK
- Pöyry awarded with Owner's Engineering Services Assignment for Nam Kong 3 Hydro Power Plant in Laos