During the celebrations for the IRO’s 50th anniversary on 23 June 2022, Mark Heine was presented as the new Chair of the IRO.
The IRO is the independent non-profit organisation for Dutch suppliers for the offshore energy industry. Mark took over from the previous Chair, Pieter van Oord, the CEO of marine contractor Van Oord.
Fugro has been an active member of the IRO for decades. Among the IRO members is a wide variety of both multinationals and mid-sized companies. They represent the entire supply chain within the offshore renewable and marine energy industry. Mark has been on the Board of the IRO since 2017 and was appointed Vice-Chair in 2019.
Fugro CEO Mark Heine stated: “First of all, I would like to thank Pieter van Oord for his excellent work as Chair of the IRO. He has been a strong ambassador for our industry, in the Netherlands and far beyond borders, with a clear vision on doing what is right. Like Pieter, I see a bright future for the IRO and our industry. We have a major role to play in the energy transition, in adapting to climate change and in safeguarding our planet and our oceans. My goal is to further strengthen the IRO’s role in representing our industry towards the government, NGOs and other industries. I’m happy to have been given this opportunity.”
- thyssenkrupp Mining Technologies signs Strategic Partnership with Wealth Minerals on Ollagüe Salar Development
- Rudolf Hausladen and Dr. Christoph Beumer inform about the Future of Beumer Group
- Bilfinger awarded Offshore Maintenance Contract for Shell‘s Gulf of Mexico Facilities
- Bilfinger erhält Auftrag für Instandhaltung von Shells Offshore-Anlagen im Golf von Mexiko
- Fugro assists Vattenfall with the design of Norfolk Offshore Wind Development