Calling all Canadian mining and mineral processing projects that have achieved above-average safety statistics!
Until February 5, 2021, the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is accepting nominations for the 2021 Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award.
Use the links below to nominate your project:
English – online nomination form
French – online nomination form
To be eligible for nomination, the project must meet the following criteria:
- the project owner or project team must be an active CIM member
- Canadian owner/contractor team must complete a single, significant (>300,000 work hours) project located in Canada within 12 months prior to the award application (note: applications stand for three years)
- if you are a contracting firm submitting the application, the project owner must verify the information
All Canadian mine and processing facilities in the metals, diamonds, industrial minerals, oil sands, and coal sectors are eligible.
About the Award
The Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award was established in 2012 to recognize and reward projects with outstanding safety systems and performance. The award focuses on the safety culture and results at the mine and/or processing plant and its infrastructure during the development and construction phases of a project.
The 2021 Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award winner will be announced at the 2021 CIM Convention Award Gala in May.
For more information on the CIM Awards, please click here.
- FLSmidth to acquire Thyssenkrupp’s Mining Business – creating a global Industry Leader in Mining Technology
- Nornickel restocks Yenisei River with 200,000 Sturgeon as Part of Biodiversity Initiatives
- Lundin Mining Announces Agreement to sell remaining Specialty Cobalt Business
- SMT Scharf AG reports significant H1/2021 Earnings Growth; Increase of FY 2021 Revenue and Earnings Forecasts
- QRC welcomes State Govt Approval of Metallurgical Coal Mine Extension in Central Qld