Orica Limited today announced that Executive Director Finance, Noel Meehan, will leave the company
at the end of October 2013. Craig Elkington, currently Executive Global Head Mining Services, will be appointed Chief Financial Officer from 1 November 2013.
Mr Meehan has been with the company in various senior management roles since 1999, and was appointed to the role of Chief Financial Officer in 2005.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Ian Smith said, “I would like to thank Noel for the significant contribution that he has made to Orica over many years and, on a personal level, the support that he gave me when I commenced with the company in February last year.”
Craig Elkington joined Orica in 1994. He has a strong finance and commercial background at senior levels across the Orica Group having held numerous CFO positions at Incitec Ltd (when it was a subsidiary of Orica), the Chemicals Division, and Mining Services. Mr Elkington was President, Orica Mining Services, North America, based in Denver, from 2008 to 2011.
A global search is underway to fill the position of Executive Global Head Mining Services.
- CFO leaves Fugro after 7 Years
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Construction Management Services Contract by Coeur Mining for Rochester POA 11 Project in US
- Tailings Risks: Maintaining Momentum
- Top 14 female Finalists vie for Queensland Resources Awards
- Next Project Phase of the Janina VI Shaft Hoisting project in Poland completed