- Telescopic marine crane model PTM 1800 being used in Peru for the first time
- Energy supplier Enersur S.A/ GDF Suez selects crane from PALFINGER MARINE
- Place of use close to the city of Ilo in the south of Peru
A few days ago, the telescopic marine crane PTM 1800 was officially handed over to the new customer, Enersur S.A.
The PTM 1800 will mainly be used in hosehandling applications for loading and unloading tankers. The crane will be operated at a terminal close to the city of Ilo in the south of Peru. Ilo is of major importance to the mining industry in the region and it is therefore essential to ensure a sustainable supply of electrical energy. Enersur S.A. initially buit a 140 MW coal power plant in the year 2000, which is located to the south of the city and has recently concluded an expansion in the same site by adding 460 MW strategic, high-performing capacity reserve. Up to 460 MW can be fed into the Peruvian power grid as necessary from this new plant. The power plant is dual fuel capable (diesel and gas), with the diesel being supplied by large tankers berthed at a pier projecting 1.2 kms into the open sea. In order to optimize this critical procedure for unloading the diesel from the ships, Enersur S.A. will use PALFINGER MARINE’s PTM 1800, which features a safe working load (SWL) of 6 t at 24 m. Shortly after the handover, the first diesel tanker docked and unloaded its cargo by using the crane.
High quality standards along with safety features guarantee reliable and safe operations
For Enersur S.A., an important criterion in selecting the crane supplier was their concern for employee safety. For this reason, the crane is fitted with the highest level of safety features and functions and complies with the European Directive of Machinery. In keeping with this, the PTM 1800 features integrated overload protection for crane and winch, a 3-layer limiting switch and the emergency cut-off system. The PTM 1800 also comes with a 3-ply marine coating. This offers the crane optimum protection from corrosion, even under the most adverse of conditions. Piping, bolts and screw connections are made of stainless steel. Customers can also draw on the global service network of PALFINGER MARINE.
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Rema Tip Top AG acquires Austrian Kubicek Fördertechnik GmbH
- Epiroc wins large Mining Equipment Order in China
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH
- Sandvik launches 15-tonne Toro LH515i underground loader