Parsons recently accepted the Operational Efficiency Project of the Year award from the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) for the I‑80 SMART Corridor Project that uses Parsons’ Intelligent Transportation System technology to maximize safety and efficiency of one of the busiest transportation corridors in the Bay Area of California.
“Intelligent Transportation Systems are an essential part of maximizing the capacity and efficiency of the nation’s roadways,” said Michael Johnson, Parsons Group President. “It’s the first step in creating smart cities that are responsive to the needs of citizens for greater mobility.”
Considered one of the most sophisticated Intelligent Transportation Systems in the state, the I‑80 Smart Corridor uses Parsons’ technology for incident management, adaptive ramp metering, system integration along the interstate and local roads, and traffic information message signs. The communications network proactively manages traffic and shares information among transportation agencies and local jurisdictions. It is a joint project of the California Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration, the Alameda County Transportation Commission, the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, and the West Contra Costa Technical Advisory Committee.
- Flatiron Partners selected for Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project in USA
- CEO to leave Normet and join Taaleri
- Vale begins Construction of Bridge that will restore Traffic between Communities and Downtown Brumadinho
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- Strabag awarded Contract to build a Section of the D35 Motorway in the Czech Republic