Parsons Corporation announced that the company has been selected by the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) as one of five engineering firms for a three-year $50 million task order contract. Parsons will support an unprecedented plan for expansion, rehabilitation and state of good repair projects that will improve the safety and service of the Metrolink System and its facilities.
“The Metrolink System is continually optimizing its network, which connects six Southern California counties to provide safe, seamless and reliable transportation,” said Tom Topolski, executive vice president, connected communities market for Parsons. “With deep roots in California, Parsons will utilize our extensive expertise in railroad project management, design, and construction management to support SCRRA as they expand and improve their system to better connect riders to the community.”
The contract includes project management, construction management, and staff assistant services in support of planned improvement projects across the Metrolink System. Parsons was selected for its globally recognized commuter and passenger rail experience and expertise, as well as its role in helping SCRRA successfully implement the first positive train control (PTC) system for a commuter rail agency in the United States.
Parsons is a leading disruptive technology provider for the future of global defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure, with capabilities across cybersecurity, missile defense, space, connected infrastructure, and smart cities.
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Arizona State Legislature approves $4M in ongoing yearly Funding for School of Mining and Mineral Resources
- Setting the Anchor on Poland’s Baltic Coast - fischer heavy-duty Fixings secure Świna Tunnel
- VINCI Construction is awarded the design-build Contract for the Extension of Ang Mo Kio Metro Station in Singapore