Pieridae Energy Limited announced that it has signed a services agreement with respected global engineering firm Bechtel related to Pieridae’s 2-Train Goldboro LNG Facility. Some of the key deliverables in the services agreement are:
- Initiating a detailed review of the scope and design of the Goldboro LNG Facility and developing a comprehensive engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (“EPCC”) execution plan by March 31, 2021;
- Delivering a final lump sum, turnkey EPCC contract price proposal by May 31, 2021; and
- Conducting a meaningful engagement with the Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq First Nations including their participation in the construction of a large-scale work camp at the LNG site.
“This is a very positive step forward for our Goldboro LNG Project,” said Pieridae CEO Alfred Sorensen. “Bechtel has significant experience building and delivering global LNG projects, helping their customers deliver about 30% of the world’s LNG capacity over the past two decades. They have a proven track record of delivering projects throughout the world on time and on budget.
“Goldboro LNG is a shovel-worthy and shovel-ready project that will create thousands of jobs and help put Canadians back to work in a Covid-impacted environment; provide real, enduring and tangible economic benefits for First Nations; help lower global emissions by supplying LNG overseas to replace coal; and increase Europe’s choices in sourcing natural gas,” concluded Sorensen.
“We are honored to partner with Pieridae to deliver a cleaner energy future,” said Bechtel’s Oil, Gas and Chemicals President Paul Marsden. “We bring a long history of successfully delivering projects in Canada and partnering with our global customers to expand access to this energy source. Together with Pieridae, we look forward to successfully bringing this project and its economic benefits to the Goldboro region.”
- Strabag acquires Metro Projects in Prague
- Lundin Mining Announces Agreement to sell remaining Specialty Cobalt Business
- New Product Manager further increases Wet Processing Resources at Superior
- Hydrogène Québec welcomes Hatch as new Executive Member
- SMT Scharf AG supplies Tunnel Logistics for green Energy Project Snowy Mountain 2.0 in Australia