Swiss Federal Railway (SBB) has awarded Pöyry as part of the engineering consortium 'Wiki', with the engineering services assignment for the design and execution of the railway infrastructure of Zurich Wipkingen in Switzerland. The assignment includes the maintenance of the railway infrastructure including bridges, viaducts, a tunnel, tracks and the station.
As the Swiss federal carrier of the national railway system, SBB transports over 1.26 million people and 210 000 tons of goods to their destination. In the wider Zurich area, four out of the ten most frequented railway stations of Switzerland are located. The railway infrastructure of Zurich Wipkingen is part of the highly frequented intercity railway network. The existing, partly historical and listed railway infrastructure from the beginnings of the railway age is to be preserved and its service life to be extended.
"With Pöyry's experience in transport infrastructure projects in over 50 countries, we are pleased to bring in our cross-disciplinary expertise and contribute to the success of this complex major inner-city project," says Martin Bachmann, Head of Pöyry's Civil Department in Switzerland.
- Vale begins Construction of Bridge that will restore Traffic between Communities and Downtown Brumadinho
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- Tunnel Eppenberg: Fluchttreppen eingebaut und Betonarbeiten abgeschlossen
- Implenia wins a Contract in Norway
- Strabag awarded Contract to build a Section of the D35 Motorway in the Czech Republic