Inter Rao Export LLC, a leading Russian energy company acting as an EPCM Contractor in a number of large international projects, has awarded Pöyry with the assignment for technical audit services provision for the project of the construction of four power units in Cuba: one unit close to TPP "Maximo Gomez" (in the town of Mariel) and the other three at the TPP "East Havana" (in Santa Cruz del Norte, Mayabeque province). The new units will each have 200 MW capacity.
Pöyry will provide technical audit services for survey and design works in the power plant project, including review of adopted technical solutions for their compliance with the best world design practices, and recommendations and suggestions for their improvement.
"Pöyry is delighted to support Inter Rao LLC with this important and challenging project in Cuba. It will increase power capacity and simultaneously improve security of supply in the country. This assignment further strengthens Pöyry's position as the world leader in providing energy efficient thermal power solutions. Following previous project announcements earlier this year, this new project reinforces Pöyry's ranking as the preferred energy consultant" says Ilkka Heikkilä, Pöyry's Regional Director for Thermal Power.
- Trelleborg to supply the World's widest immersed Tunnel
- UGL wins new Rail and Mining Services Contracts
- ETH Zurich: A Catalyst for Methanol paves the Way for the sustainable Production of Fuels and Chemicals
- Skanska to construct new Entrance to Pennsylvania Station in New York City, USA
- Cimic’s UGL secures Extension with Sydney Trains