Tender volume: approx. EUR 163.6m
On 6 August the contract for the design and build of the final section of the S61 expressway in the Voivodeship of Warmian-Masurian was signed with Porr. The 23km-long stretch from Szczuczyn to Ełk will be realised by a consortium consisting of Porr and Unibep S.A. Bielsk Podlaski. The tender is worth around EUR 163.6m and a construction period of 29 months has been planned.
The project will be realised as a design-build tender. First of all, Porr will produce all of the requisite design documents and secure the necessary permits and approvals. This will be followed by construction works, which should be completed in the third quarter of 2021. In addition to the new construction of the expressway, selected local roads will be overhauled and the technical structures and environmental infrastructure will be erected.
“The Porr team in Poland has brought on board another prestigious project with this tender,” said Karl-Heinz Strauss, CEO of Porr AG. “This stretch is especially crucial given that it is part of the Via Baltica, the most important road link between the Baltic States and Western Europe”.
Source: Porr AG
- Flatiron Partners selected for Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project in USA
- Vale begins Construction of Bridge that will restore Traffic between Communities and Downtown Brumadinho
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- Implenia wins a Contract in Norway
- Strabag awarded Contract to build a Section of the D35 Motorway in the Czech Republic