A consortium consisting of Porr S.A. and Denys NV has been hired by Gaz-System S.A. to build the high-pressure gas pipeline Tworóg-Tworzeń. The pipeline is already the second project that Porr is building for the Polish gas transport operator. The new pipeline aims to improve the transport of natural gas in the Voivodeship of Opole and the Silesia region. The tender is worth around EUR 68m (PLN 290m).
“This new order represents the fourth tender acquired by Porr in the energy supply sector in Poland,” says Karl-Heinz Strauss, CEO of Porr AG. “We have already managed to prove our extensive expertise in this sector of infrastructure construction multiple times over on our home market. There is a boom currently underway in road construction in Poland; what’s more, it’s important for us to be present in the infrastructure sector as well as in residential, office and industrial construction”.
The new gas pipeline will have a diameter of one metre and pressure of 8.4 MPa and will run alongside an existing pipeline across a length of 55.2 km. The construction will take 26 months. The Tworóg-Tworzeń pipeline is part of the North-South gas corridor from Świnoujście to Croatia. The construction is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the operational programme “Infrastructure and Environment”.
Facts and figures at a glance
- Project type: Infrastructure/pipeline construction
- Scope of services: Building a gas pipeline with a diameter of one metre and a length of 55.2 km in Poland
- Client: Gaz-System S.A.
- Contractor: Consortium consisting of Porr S.A. and Denys NV
- Project costs: Around EUR 68m (PLN 290m)
- Construction period: 26 months
Source: Porr AG
- Deutsche Bahn awards first two Contracts for main Construction Works on Munich’s second Trunk Line
- Implenia adjusts Outlook for 2018 financial Year
- Tajikistan President started first Turbine of Rogun hydroelectric Dam being developed by Salini Impregilo
- Hatch hosts Technology Day, successfully celebrating a full Decade in Saskatchewan in Canada
- Pöyry awarded Engineering Services Assignment by SBB for Design and Execution of Zurich Wipkingen Railway Infrastructure in Switzerland