Construction works on the bypass for Nowe Miasto Lubawskie in the Voivodeship Ermland-Masuren will begin already this year. On 2 February 2018 the contract for this construction project was signed by representatives of the General Directorate for National Roads and Highways (GDNRH) and Porr. The tender is worth around EUR 62.5m (PLN 259m).
The project, which is set for completion in 2020, will be realised as a design-build tender. Porr will now produce the design documentation, get the requisite permits and approvals, and then carry out the construction works. Porr received the mandate from the GDNRH as the only company to meet all of the conditions of the call for tender in full.
“We have started the new year with a prestigious tender for a critical infrastructure project. The bypass will make a significant improvement to traffic conditions on the transit stretch as well as in the town itself,” said Karl-Heinz Strauss, CEO of Porr AG.
The national road Nr. 15 between Ostróda and Torun runs through the centre of Nowe Miasto Lubawskie. During the rush hour, the traffic jams here can stretch back many kilometres. The new stretch will be around 18km long. Access roads and engineering structures will also be built, such as eight overpasses – including a 450m-long elevated road, a bridge with a length of 300 metres and four underpasses for wild animals. The construction site is located in the wetlands of the River Drweca and requires the use of construction methods with cutting-edge technology. Furthermore, the entire area is a designated "Natura 2000" reserve, meaning that highly restrictive environmental regulations apply for the contractor.
Facts and figures at a glance
- Project type: Infrastructure
- Scope of services: Construction of bypass for Nowe Miasto Lubawskie as part of the works for national road Nr. 15
- Client: GDNRH - General Directorate for National Roads and Highways
- Contractor: Consortium of PORR S.A. and PORR Bau GmbH
- Project length: 34 months
- Project type: Design & Build
- Tender volume: approx. EUR 62.5m (PLN 259m net)
Source: Porr AG
- SNC-Lavalin comments on Canada – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia commercial Relations
- Implenia wins major Infrastructure Order in Lyon in France
- Fugro’s new RAMMS Technology advances bathymetric Lidar Mapping Capabilities
- Porr acquires new Infrastructure Order in Poland
- Cimic's Sedgman wins new Mineral Processing Contracts in South Africa