Production capacity in Aitik and Tara is now fully restored after previously announced disruptions due to covid-19 and breakdowns. Impact on operating profit in Business Area Mines is estimated to amount to SEK -300 million in Q1, compared with SEK -200 million that was previously communicated.
In Aitik, production at the concentrator is now at full capacity. The stop in one of two primary mills lasted almost three weeks longer than first assessed due to additional repairs to the hydraulic system. The total production impact in Aitik is estimated at just over 2 million tonnes reduced throughput.
Mine production at Tara was resumed as planned about a week after the breakdown of the ore hoist occurred.
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Glencore announces Appointment of independent Director