The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) has welcomed the Palaszczuk Government’s announcement of progress on the establishment of CleanCo, the planned new renewable energy electricity generator.
QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said it was common sense to make full use of our abundance of energy resources here in the Sunshine State, ranging from coal, to gas, to hydro and renewables.
“Queensland is blessed with the full range of energy sources, which combine to power local industry and support local jobs,” Mr Macfarlane said. “The addition of CleanCo will be another step in making Queensland the energy superpower of Australia. Queensland is home to the nation’s youngest and most efficient coal-fired power fleet. Our extra coal-fired electricity flows across the border and keeps the lights on in the southern states. By adding a renewable energy generator to the mix, Queensland will further consolidate its role as a heavy lifter in the National Electricity Market. We hope to see even more investment in the full range of energy resources, because the bottom line is that Queensland industry and Queensland homes need reliable power around the clock, at a price they can afford.”
- Resource Jobs resourcing Regions
- Fugro Seep hunting Success Offshore Malaysia
- Geothermal energy consolidates its market uptake but much potential remains untapped
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Engineering Design Sub-contract for Scarborough Floating Production Unit in Australia
- QRC welcomes Gold Mine Expansion in North Queensland